Love your family......

Friday, April 8, 2011
This is year old news except for the end, but still. For those of you that may not know: My dad has stage 4 Lymphoma, diabetes, cardio-myopothy and heart failure- Can't think of the official words at this moment.
My dad tells me the news from the doctor about how his cancer is unimpressive. We finish our conversations and hang up. A few minutes later the phone rings and it's my dad calling back to clear something up.
My dad says the word the doctors use to describe his cancer is unimpressive, but they really meant that it was unremarkable to them. Dad says, I know that doesn’t make you feel better to know that and I said. Dad. I know it makes you feel better because there is a difference between unimpressive and unremarkable. Knowing that he was correcting his own story.
We both laugh, he says goodbye and I love you. These phone calls are less than 20 seconds. I Love my dad and never thought I would be able to laugh between the crappy news but I somehow do. Please never, ever, forsake your family. They are all you have. You will never have another. Love them for everything that gets on your nerves and everything you cherish!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment